Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Having a Little Girl...


It has been almost a year since we first learned we were expecting a precious baby girl. From the moment those words were uttered though, I have been planning and dreaming about all of the fun, girly times, I would get to have with Avery. I am looking very forward to all of the ribbons, bows, dresses, shoes, highlights, and makeup that will come in the days ahead... nevermind how much my pocket book might suffer :)

So, you can imagine how excited and anxious I was on Monday when we had her ears pierced! She is just adorable...look back up at the pictures to see them. Mine were pierced when I was about 6 months old and I have known all along that Avery would have hers done when she reached 6 months as well. Just for fun, here is a picture of me at 9 months old.

Levi and both agreed that we would rather do it now when she will not even remember it, than have her anticipate the pain when she is older. Not to mention that pretty soon, she will notice that her mommy always wears earrings and will want them in her ears too! I am actually in the process of ordering her little pearls so that we can match. All in all, I am so glad we had it done. It was a lot like when she gets her shots. Schock for about 10 seconds, then crying for a few more. After her Daddy got her and was able to provide comfort, all was well. She was laughing and smiling again within a couple of minutes. Here are pictures in sequence from Monday night.

I am such a pretty little girl!


Listening to the instructions :)


Cleaning her ears with the alcohol swab...this kinda tickles!


Using a pair of shiny earrings to distract her from the pain she is about to experience :(


Mommy and Avery with our earrings after it was all over.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

So much fun Emily! I can't wait to see how precious she looks with sweet little earrings. :)I got to still some snuggles with her at Alli's the other day!