Monday, April 27, 2009

Crib Furniture!

Wow, it was a beautiful weekend! I can't believe how hot it is already. I am not aclimated to the weather yet. I can only imagine how August will be during my 9th month of pregnancy! Alabama Power may have never seen a bill so high :)

A couple of weekends ago, Levi and I decided on nursery furniture. After looking on-line at basically every retailer, I could never decide on anything I wanted. After reading review after review on cribs/dressers and how drawers didn't work, how the wood scratched so easily, and how they hassled with returns/on-line shipping, we decided to go to a crib showroom to look around. We ended up going to Baby and Beyond in Columbus. We decided Columbus over Montgomery or Auburn due to the sales tax being 3% lower. The manager of the store was awesome and she took such great care of us. We didn't go in with a decision made, but when we left, we knew we would buy from them. It was a great experience!

We decided on a brand called Cocoon. It is made out of birch wood, which is awesome! A lot of others are made of pine, which is really soft and scratches easily. We bought the crib and 3 drawer dresser w/changing pad in the expresso color, which is the second picture below, but the first picture is more what her setup will look like. We plan to get the 5 drawer dresser a little later. The third picture shows what it looks like as a full bed. I Love it!

This past weekend, we bought the bedding and picked out paint colors. It will not be long before her nursery starts coming together!




4 comments:

SGN said...

Emily,

That's awesome! Congratulations to you guys! Joseph and I are excited for you and I really like the furniture you chose and how it can grow with the baby. Awesome!

Alison Cali

Ryan Sparks, Attorney said...

I love the furniture, that's the exact kind that Luke has! We just got the crib & small dresser and we love it! Can't wait to see the finished nursery!
Christen

John and Brooke said...

i want to see the bedding!!

The Gentrys said...

Love the furniture! We'll have to remember that!