Tuesday, June 9, 2009

28 Weeks at the Beach!

So, I am now 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester! Only 12 weeks to go! I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It just reminds me of how fast time is going to fly once she is actually here! I have my glucose test tomorrow 6/10 and will post an update about how it goes.

This past Thursday, Levi, my Mom, and I headed to Destin for an extended weekend stay. My Uncle Don and his wife Linda own a townhouse in Destin and graciously allow us to stay there at least once each summer. While it is normally just Levi and I, this year, Linda and some of my cousins were already there, so mom decided to join us too!


Even though we were not by ourselves, I guess you could say this was our babymoon. It was great and relaxing still and Levi and I did get to enjoy a walk on the beach and a romantic dinner out. Enjoy my belly bump pictures...I feel like I am growing by the minute ;)


Our favorite place to eat in Destin is the Crab Trap. We first ate there on our honeymoon, almost three years ago. The first picture below is from then and the second is from this weekend. What an amazing three years it has been! Then, Levi ordered chicken fingers and tried some crab...this weekend he ordered shrimp and crab cakes! I would say that is progress. Back then I had shrimp, but have since become more adventurous. This weekend I had Mahi Mahi topped with jumbo lump crab meat, shrimp, and lemon butter sauce! Needless to say, since our honeymoon we have grown in more ways than just food selection, but it is just a small example of how much we have changed.



We are really enjoying the time we have left before little bit arrives. I am not going to lie and say that Levi and I never have disputes or aruguments, but in all honesty, I do feel like we have an extraoridinary marriage. God has truly blessed me with an incedible husband, who will be an awesome dad too! In just three short months, our lives will change drastically, but for the better I know.

I can't wait until next year's beach trip with our 9 month old or so little girl. We definitely have some amazing memories to make!

5 comments:

John and Brooke said...

Not to be debbie downer, but enjoy your beach trip while it is just the two of you. I should really post a picture of what our car looked like when we carted Will to the beach a few weeks ago. There is so much STUFF you have to take with you for a baby at the beach and then you are only outside for like 2 hours max a day...fun but in a very different way. No more lounging by the pool or reading books :)

The Gentrys said...

You look so cute! I can't believe baby E is almost here! Do you still want me to come up with a package for the first year's photographs? I'm sorry I haven't gotten on that yet, we have just stayed so busy! Email me and let me know and I'll try to get you something this week.

kpmantooth said...

I love it! The food narrative made me SO hungry. I'm eating a PB&J...sigh. The beach is busy with kids, but the girls LIVE for it!! A whole new kind of joy...the selfless kind that comes with being a parent. (Not always ideal but always fulfilling)

Christen said...

What a fun trip, makes me want to go to the beach just for the great food! Enjoy your last few weeks as a family of two!

The Dellingers said...

You are too stinkin' cute Em!