Monday, October 5, 2009

1 Month Old!

As hard as it is to believe, Avery is 1 Month Old! Just a little over 4 weeks ago, I was still pregnant and waiting on our little miracle to arrive. Now, we are spending our time in awe of just how awesome she is, and how fast time flies. Last Thursday when I weighed her, she was 8 lbs. 11 ozs. This girl knows how to eat!

While we have had a couple of rough nights, the overwhelming majority of them have been pretty easy. Although, I think it might be a fluke, last night at 4 weeks 5 days, she slept from 11:00 p.m. until 5:45 a.m. To say that we were blown away was an understatement. I cannot tell you how rested I felt this morning! We will see if it happens again. I don't think she is ready to skip that middle of the night feeding every night just yet. I will keep you updated...

At four weeks she took her first "real" bath, courtesy of Daddy, and loved it! She has had a couple since then and just looks so content. As you can tell, Levi is not in love at all with her :)

Avery gazes so intently at everyone as if she is taking everything about you in. We both really love just sitting and talking to her. She is also doing really well at holding her head up. She can still wear newborn diapers, but is getting very close to being in size 1. I am so sad, yet so excited and anxious to watch my tiny sweetie grow. To us right now, she seems so much bigger, but everyone else still thinks she is tiny. After all, some babies are born as big as she is (Levi) at 1 month.

Until next time...

No comments: