Friday, June 4, 2010

7 Months!

April 1, 2010, Avery turned seven months old! She was 17 lbs. 14 oz. Probably her biggest milestone during the month was learned to crawl. She had been getting up on all fours since the middle of her sixth month and took off at 7 1/2 months. She also started pulling up at the exact same time. It was incredible to watch her crawl toward me and pull up on my leg. Having a little one clenched to your calf takes feeling needed to a whole new level!

Here are the other headlines from Avery's 7th month:
  • The first week of April, she learned to sit up from laying down. This chaged the whole dynamic of laying her in the crib. After we laid her down, she could just sit right back up and look at us like where are you guys going? You don't think you can just lay me down and leave do you? After a couple of nights though, she started to settle back down and fall asleep on her own.
Sleeping While I Was Getting Ready One Morning
  • We celebrated our first Easter with Avery. As you can tell from my Easter post, she loved her basket. I can't wait until next year, when we do an Easter Egg Tree!
Easter Morning With Her Bunny
  • She caught the stomach virus in the nursery on Easter Sunday :(. That Monday when I went to wake her up, she was laying in throw up and was as white as a sheet. I don't think I have been more scared as a mom that in that moment. I stripped both her and the crib and then she started throwing up again. Traumatizing I tell you. I remember asking the Dr. early on how I would know the difference in spit up and throw up and he said "Oh, you will know." He was right, I had no problem telling the difference. The throwing up lasted for two days and then the virus passed on to me, her daddy, and my mom. None of us ever remember being so sick! Levi nor I literally had the strength to pick Avery up, plus our go to person, my mom, was sick too. Thank the good Lord for my brother Alex who came over at 5 am with Powerade and Seven Up and took care of Avery and us for the rest of the day.
  • She added Gerber sweet potato puffs, pickles, and banana pieces to her list of eats and treats.
Trying a Pickle For The First Time With Alex
  • Continued saying Mama and Dada, but a little more clearly.
  • Started to really recognize when someone familiar came in the room, particularly Momma, Daddy, or Mimi.
  • Started reaching for the person or object she wanted.
  • When sleeping in her seat or riding in her car seat, she crosses her feet. I think this is so sweet!
  • Became really attached to the sock monkey.
  • First time in Jordan Hare Stadium. We attended the A-Day game and also toured the new Auburn Arena. We look forward to many memories in both of these places!
  • Mastered crawling and loved chasing the dogs.
  • Mastered pulling up at the same time she started crawling. Her favorite thing to pull up on is the dishwasher.
  • Always tugs at her ear when she is starting to get tired. When nursing her before bed, she holds on to it too.
  • EVERYTHING goes in her mouth, but no teeth yet!
  • Still loves looking at herself in the mirror.
  • She learned to blow raspberries last month, but has now decided to do them while eating. She thinks the food going everywhere is hilarious ;)
I Just Can't Get Enough Of This Little Stinker!

No comments: