Sunday, July 25, 2010

Country Road Take Me Home...Part I

This year we spent the Fourth of July weekend with our families in North Alabama. We took Friday off and were also off on Monday, so it was a nice relaxing break. Both Saturday and Sunday morning, Avery woke up at the bright and early time of 6:00. I think that being away from her crib caused her to arouse long before her normal wake time of around 7:15. So, Levi and I took the opportunity to take her on a stroll down the county road he grew up on.
On a side note, I am originally from Natural Bridge and he is from Delmar. NB is officially the smallest town in Alabama, with a population of 28 in the 2000 census. Since that time, myself and three of my family members have moved to Auburn. So, that at least puts it now at 25, with still more than half being members of my family! Levi's hometown Delmar is not much bigger. We graduated from the town of Haleyville, which is around 5,000 and is the largest city in Winston County.
When people say they are from a small town, usually it does not compare to how small my home town is. I loved growing up there. Riding four wheelers, shooting guns, learning to drive at 9, and catching lightning bugs under acres and acres of star lit sky is an awesome way to spend your childhood. Levi and I both agree that there are aspects of it which we hate Avery will miss, but we love it here too! I say all of this to explain how tranquil it is to walk down this country road in the early morning hours. No traffic, only the sound of your footsteps!
I thought to take my camera along and snapped several pictures of the "Country" landscape. In addition, we were able to capture Avery meeting her first shetland pony! I think we will be back to visit him next time we are home. We look forward to many more sweet moments with Avery in our country hometown!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the country pictures!