Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crazy Weekend Weather: Part II






Although we endured much bad weather at home (read my post below), we also had the joy of seeing much more snow than we do down here. Most years, we actually had to take our snow days and some of the biggest came during February and March. Sunday’s snow reminded me of being home again. God is so good…after a day of storms he gave us a day of unimaginable beauty. I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as we did!

We started our day at 7:30. My sister, who went back to our hometown this weekend, called and asked if it were snowing here and informed us that they had 3 inches so far. Doubtingly, I got Levi to look out the window and astonished he said, "the ground is covered." We immediately went to get my Mom up, she spent the night with us Friday, and began planning our day. We played in the yard for a while and then drove around downtown, lastly stopping for coffee at Taylor's Bakery.

Some of the student's had a sling shot for snowballs in front of Samford and were hitting cars as they drove by. I was trying to take a picture and they decided to fling two into our car. I am telling you, if one had come through my window into my face, it wouldn't have just been snow on the front page of the OA news Monday morning! Before we went back in for the day, Levi said...this is the most fun I have had in a very long time...I absolutely have to agree!

No comments: