Monday, March 23, 2009

It's A...

Girl! A precious, healthy, beautiful baby girl! Levi and I couldn't be more excited or blessed! Enjoy her first picture!


We had our first ultrasound this morning at 8:15. So, seeing the baby for the first time and finding out the sex, was double the emotion! The ultrasound tech goes through everything about the baby's body before telling you what the sex is, which they save for last. The experience didn't get emotional though until she brought up the side profile picture. When we saw it, both of us started tearing up. It was a "Wow, that is our baby" moment, which hit me harder than I expected.

Then when she said it was a girl, the flood gates opened! Both of us were hoping for a girl, but almost everyone else in our family felt like it was going to be a boy. Because of this, we were shocked when she said girl! The tech also told us that I was carrying her very low, and that she was laying directly on my bladder :) Today, she was head up, bottom down and her heart rate was 155. As far the name goes, it will be kept secret until the day she is born. We want that to be a surprise for everyone!

Tonight we celebrated with family and friends both in person and over the phone. We did cupcakes with my family (thanks Brooke and Sarah). My brother's girlfriend Tiffany makes the best icing and cupcakes and she was nice enough to make them for us. As you can see from the picture everyone was leaning more toward boy.


God is so incredibly good! Levi and I are overwhelmed that he has picked us to raise this sweet little girl!

5 comments:

The Mims said...

Congratulations Emily & Levi! I know that you are excited to finally know the baby is a girl, and that she is healthy! We're excited for you and can't wait to meet baby E!

kpmantooth said...

Happy, happy! Poor Levi...girls and their daddies! Congratulations!

The Murphrees said...

Congratulations! I know you are so excited. I am so she is healthy.

John and Brooke said...

Awesome! I voted girl. I figured Shealy started the girl craze in the sunday school group since we had so many boys!!!! SO excited for you. I'd be broke if Will was a girl...clothes are SO much cuter!!

Bryant Family said...

Congrats to you Both! Girls are so much fun!