Monday, August 3, 2009

36 Weeks = 9 Months!

Today I had my 36 week doctors appointment and will continue to go each week until as Dr. Smith put it, "we raise the checkered flag!" I am so excited that we have officially made it to 9 months...although there are still a couple of weeks to go! The picture above is from 34.5 weeks.

At the appointment we learned that she is head down, which really shocked me. I thought she was transverse (sideways) because of where I feel kicking. Apparently, she deserves more credit for knowing directions than I thought :) Now, we just need her to stay this way!

I have not progressed at all, but that is to be expected. Hopefully in the next couple of visits there will be more to report. Her heart beat was 148 and just so I can remember later, at my 34 week appointment it was 153. Levi was with me today and got to hear the heartbeat in person for the first time since the ultrasound at 17 weeks. I am so glad he will be with me at the rest of the appointments...he makes the wait time so much less boring!

The walls in the Opelika office are paper thin and Dr. Smith saw the couple next door to us first. They were there because she had just had her second miscarriage. I told Levi there was a reason we were able to hear the conversation...to be reminded of how little control we have over any aspect of our lives...and how completely blessed we have been during my entire pregnancy. All of the Glory and Praise be to God for this miracle inside of me. I am reminding myself more and more often that this little girl doesn't belong to us, she belongs to God and we are here to help guide her toward his purpose. I pray that I will be able to maintain this knowledge throughout her life.

Please pray for us over the next few weeks as we prepare our hearts and home for our little girl. Pray for me to have energy and strength to make it through the first two weeks of classes (I will be 38 and 39 weeks). With as many students as I see during that time, there is a real possibility that I could go into labor with one in my office. Pray for Levi, I know these next few weeks will be exhausting for him too. Stay tuned for updates...we are very anxious to meet her and begin our life as a family.

1 comment:

The Murphrees said...

I am so glad things are going well for you and baby Elliott. So sorry I missed your shower on Sunday. I was hoping to still be able to travel back but unfortunately I wont be back to AU for awhile. I have something for you I just need to get it in the mail. I hope your shower went well. I cannot wait to meet baby Elliott.