Thursday, August 20, 2009

38 Weeks and the Waiting Game

Hello All,

I would like to joyously announce that I am still pregnant and still at work! While there may be a hint of sarcasm there, I really have enjoyed getting to see my students who have been away since spring and spending the nights lounging with my hubby. Next Wednesday, August 26th is my last day at work. Even though I am not due until September 2nd, I wanted to take a little time to relax. I have the time built up, so why not.

Levi and I are both a little burned out as far as work goes. We rarely take vacation or sick time. In fact, Levi has only taken 2 days off this year...including sick leave. While I have taken a little more due to drs. appointments and pregnancy sickness, I still haven't taken very much...and I don't consider being sick on the couch or sititng in the drs. office a vacation. So, even though we are going to be very, very busy and tired the week she is born, we are looking forward to both being off work regardless.

As far as Miss Priss goes, my 38 week appointment was this past Monday. She had dropped more, but I had not progressed more. Her heart rate was 164 and Dr. Smith thinks she weighs 6.5 lbs. So, the update is it could be tomorrow, it could be 3 weeks, but either way we will have a precious baby soon! My next appt. is Tuesday, so maybe there will be more to report, but if not, Levi and I will enjoy our last few quite nights and mornings as just us :) It is funny, every night for the past week I have dreamed she was born...I am ready for my dreams to become reality. I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like to see her for the first time! Keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

kpmantooth said...

Love it. My heart is smiling for you THREE! I can't wait to meet her!!

John and Brooke said...

This is my one piece of advice-GO TO THE MOVIES before she comes!!! This will be a luxury that is few and far between when baby girl gets here. We went on my birthday and had not been since the week before Will came! It was great! :)

The Murphrees said...

I cannot wait to meet her. I sent you something in the mail today...sorry it has taken me so long. I hope it will help!