Wednesday, August 26, 2009

39 Weeks...She Will Be Here Soon!

My 39 week appointment was yesterday afternoon and I am happy to report that there was more progress. I am 90% effaced and almost 3 cm dilated! Her heart rate was 150 and she moves around all the time. It is so neat to feel her little feet, knees, or other unknown parts slide across my stomach. What a little miracle she is!

With the threat of flu ever eminent, I talked to Dr. Smith about the possibility of inducing next week when I am full term. So, if she is not born before the end of the day Monday, we will meet our sweet baby on Tuesday! My choice would be for her to come on her own before then, but for scheduling purposes for Dad and Grandmothers who will be keeping her the first weeks I am back at work, I can't really go past my due date. Please pray for us during the last few days we have without her. Everything is pretty much done. Her nursery is finished with the exception of hanging her initials painting. Once we get her home, I will post pictures of the room. I absolutely love it! I have to keep myself from just sitting in there day dreaming about what it will be like to finally have her here with us.

I would be fibbing if I didn't admit that I am very nervous about labor. Please pray that these fears subside. I know that Levi is going to be amazing support for me and that I am designed to be fine. But none the less, it is intimidating.

By the way...for those of you who gave us a gift but haven't received a thank you card...please know that it is coming. I am waiting to send them along with the birth announcements in a few weeks. This little girl was definitely showered with many beautiful things.

Stay tuned for any late breaking news...hopefully more like late breaking water!

3 comments:

The Murphrees said...

How exciting! I am nervous about labor too but everything will be fine. The good news is there is always medicine if things get too bad! Good luck!

Katie said...

I am so excited for you and can not wait to see a picture of her sweet face.

Kate said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see pictures and find out her name!